1. Who do I call in case of emergency?

During regular business hours, please call the District Office at 970-349-7575. After hours, please call our on-call operator is 970-209-5768.

2. Where are you located?

We are located at 100 Gothic Road, take the driveway on the right side of the “Welcome to Mt. Crested Butte” sign on the sweeping corner at the entrance to Mt CB.

View Google Map Here

3. How can I pay my bill? Does the District accept credit cards?

We now accept credit cards thru Xpress Bill Pay. We also accept cash, check or money order at the office.  There is also a drop box at the front door.

Click for Xpress Bill Pay

Get Adobe Reader for all pdf files on this site

4. What are the codes on my bill?

  • PB = Previous Balance
    *Monthly User Fee bills –
    WA = Water, SW = Sewer
    *Quarterly Availability bills –
    AS = Water availability of service charge
    SS = Sewer availability of service
    *Meridian Lake Park only
    WS = Surcharge for 1996 Capital Improvements
    W2 = $25.00 Surcharge for 2008 Capital Improvements - Expired Jan 2013
    -- See Rates & Fees page for explanations
    MS = Miscellaneous charge,
    PE = Penalty, 1% per month on unpaid balance

5. How do I change the name on an account?

Change of ownership. Before we can change the name on any account, we require either a Warranty Deed, Quit Claim Deed or another legal document.

6. Can an account be changed into a renter’s name?

An account may be changed to a renter’s name with the proper form signed by both the landlord and tenant.

View the Landlord/Tenant Form

Get Adobe Reader for all pdf files on this site

7. I’m experiencing low or no water pressure! Who should I call?

During 8 am – 5 pm, Monday - Friday, please call our District office at (970) 349-7575 to report any interruption in service. After hours, please call (970) 209-5768.

8. I’m having a sewer backup! What should I do?

Call a Plumber. 99% of all sewer backups are service line related and not the responsibility of the District. If a plumber determines the backup is caused by a blockage in the main line – contact our office immediately at (970) 349-7575.

10. A service technician just told me that our water or sewer service line is broken. Who’s responsible for the repair?

MCBWS is responsible for only the main lines; the service line is the responsibility of the property owner. The service line does not end at the property line, asphalt edge, or sidewalk but extends to the connection with the main line within the street, right-of-way, or easement.